Cast | Notes | Pictures | Synopsis - Official
Details on the Ultimate Edition:
* True to the series roots, the four pillars of game play - brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds, and a compelling story - all return.
* Along with the God of War III game, the Ultimate Edition includes a wealth of exclusive physical and digital content. See the full list below.
* God of War III is the epic conclusion to the Greek mythological trilogy, which will complete Kratos' story that began in the original title for the PlayStation 2.
* New deadly weapons like the Cestus, powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength, and other brutal instruments of war that open up ruthless new techniques.
* The menacing creatures of Greek mythology can now be manipulated against their will, to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies, reveal puzzles and secrets, and as tools of complete annihilation.
The Edition is everything that new and longtime God of War fans need to experience the final chapter in one of the most acclaimed action series of all-time. God of War III is a single player action game, exclusive to the PlayStation 3, and the final installment of the God of War trilogy. It is packed with signature and addictive God of War gameplay — a combination of over-the-top action combat, exploration and puzzle-solving — along with an engrossing mythologically inspired storyline and a selection of new weapons and a new weapons system. Couple these with the wealth of extras and exclusive content included in the Ultimate Edition and you have a fitting conclusion a franchise fit for the gods themselves.
Story and Gameplay
God of War III allows players on the PlayStation 3 to take on the climatic role of the ex-Spartan warrior, Kratos, as he treads through the intimidating heights of Mt. Olympus and the dark depths of Hades once more to seek revenge on those who have betrayed him. Armed with double-chained blades, as well a selection of new weapons, Kratos must take on mythology's darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest to destroy Olympus and the mighty Zeus himself.
Key Game Features
Kratos in profile from God of War III
The Ghost of Sparta returns in the final chapter in the God of War trilogy.
* Exclusive Ultimate Edition Content - Along with the God of War III game the Ultimate Edition includes a wealth of exclusive physical and digital content. (see the full list of content below)
* Only on the PS3 - The award-winning development team leverages the processing power and technology of PlayStation 3 system to make God of War III one of the most-graphically advanced next gen titles available, with even the dramatic cut screens running off the in-game engine.
* Groundbreaking Depth of Scale - Kratos will explore areas up to 4 times larger than those found in God of War II, as well as carve through entire armies while navigating on the back of Titans - living, moving, breathing levels as tall as the Empire State Building.
* Realism - Players will battle in detailed and unique 3D worlds lit by thousands of dynamic lights and textures with quadruple the resolution, which allows for realistic muscle striations, detailed facial expressions, and new heightened levels of brutality and gore.
* Signature Gameplay - Brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds, and a compelling and satisfying ending to Kratos’ epic story.
* Sophisticated Storyline - The God of War III storyline is the epic conclusion to the trilogy; the storyline will be told in a way that is true to traditionalist roots in Greek mythology, from moral consequences to brutal battles against the gods.
* Ridable Creatures - Several of the menacing creatures of Greek mythology in God of War III can now be manipulated against their will, as Kratos uses them to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies, reveal puzzles and secrets, and as tools of complete annihilation.
* New Weapons and Combat System - New deadly weapons such as the Cestus — powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength — and other brutal instruments of war that will allow Kratos to learn ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall-to-ground attacks.
* Lighting Technologies - The dynamic lighting solution employed in GOW III is only feasible through the computing power provided by the Cell SPUs. For example, using the High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDRL) technology, the camera – when using Krato’s sightline - will emulate the human retina, causing players to feel a sharp brightness when Kratos exits a dark area and enters a sunlit area, similar to how the human eye would need to adjust.
The God of War III Ultimate Edition Includes:
* Copy of God of War III.
* High-end sculpted replica of Pandora’s Box.
* Limited edition God of War art book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews.
* Exclusive content downloadable via PlayStation Network.
o God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges.
o Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus.
o God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise.
o God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
o God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download)
The God of War III game finds Kratos raining carnage and destruction upon the Gods who have betrayed him and the entire Ancient Greek world. Armed with his deadly double-chained blades, Kratos will take on mythology’s darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles on his merciless quest to destroy Olympus and the mighty Zeus himself. Built by the fans and for the fans of the God of War franchise, the God of War III Ultimate Edition features exclusive digital content and collectible content. Ultimate Edition Includes: God of War III - The God of War III game finds Kratos raining carnage and destruction upon the Gods who have betrayed him and the entire Ancient Greek world. Carve through the massive army of Olympus while its Centaur Generals command waves of merciless undead soldiers. Ascend Mount Olympus to reach revenge while navigating on the back of a creature who could crush the Statue of Liberty in the palm of its hand. Use the creatures of Greek legend to cross chasms, reveal secrets, and destroy anything in its way. Uncover new deadly weapons and brutal instruments of war that allow ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall to ground attacks
Added 2010 Alex D. Thrawn for www.MalcolmMcDowell.net